We have been so busy recently, I haven’t had time to write about what we’ve been doing!
You are now officially weaned. Actually, you have been since shortly after you turned 15 months! It was bittersweet, I cried a little (or a lot), but you barely even noticed it stopped. We had gotten down to just the night feeding anyway and I just didn’t offer and you didn’t ask so we went with it. Mainly you didn’t mind because now you get an extra 15 minutes of playing before we start to get ready for bed!
You are so smart! You learn things SO quickly now that there are new words, phrases, skills learned every week. Some of the new things you’ve experienced and learned:
- You can name all the Frozen characters.
- You know the names or sounds for so many animals now it’s hard to count. Elephant and horse are definitely my favorite though.
- You can name what each of mommy and daddy’s tattoos are.
- You know what outside is and ask to go out there and insist that we play with bubbles or swing.
- You have figured out “What’s that?” phrase and ask it incessantly (but we’re happy to tell you!)
- You’re starting to learn shapes and colors. Purple, Blue, and Star seem to be the ones that stick the most.
- You know who Grammy is now and call her “Ammy!” (“G”, “R”, and “Gr” are sounds we’re working on!)
- You know a lot of food names! Beans, Berries, Bananas, Apples, Water, Milk, Chicken, Beef, Onions, Bread (your FAVORITE), Cheese, Puffs, Os are staples. We’re working on others but they can be tough! Red peppers and tomatoes are hard to separate from red apples, but you’ll get there!
- You can climb up several stairs (we only let you at the Children’s Museum to top of the slide)
- You’re reaching SO MUCH more now that we’re child proofing all new areas!
- No is a staple of your vocabulary now. Sometimes when you don’t even mean it!
- You tried Watermelon for the first time.
- You spent your first overnight trip at Grammy’s house for Mother’s Day
- You crawled through your first play tunnel at the playground
- You give full on kisses on the mouth and cheek. They might just be the best thing ever, even if you use them to avoid going to sleep. ;)
- You make a silly face (kind of like a surprised fish face) that you love to make mommy and daddy copy! We’ve experimented with a couple other ones too, but that’s your favorite
- You’re starting to figure out how to sing! The A-B-C song, Old McDonald, Hot Dog Song, Love is an Open Door, and Let It Go are the ones that have had you belt out a couple notes.
- You LOVE music. Anytime a show is on where there’s music, you have to get up and clap and dance. It’s up there with the kisses as one of the cutest things ever.
- You’re now out of crib moccasins and into some harder soled shoes in order to walk holding Mommy or Daddy’s hand outside.
- You love Chick Fil A & Bruster’s the most. The cows and the cone guy just make you so happy.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Frozen, and Despicable Me are some of the shows you’ll pause and watch.
- You love minions in Despicable Me and they make you crack up more than any other show I’ve seen!
- You are starting to imitate mommy and daddy’s actions. This is both good and bad. :)
- You’ve also started to express when you’re angry. Generally by a loud yell and balled up fists when you’re not getting your way.
We are having so much learning what kind of person you’re becoming and are prayerful that we’re helping you be the best version of you!
I love you so much, sweet girl!